Sunday 13 November 2011

PBB Review: Dead Man's Eye by Shaun Jeffrey

Dead Man's Eye by Shaun Jeffrey
Reviewer: Anna from Read it.. Blog it...
3 out of 5 stars

Published by Deshca Press
Review copy received from the author

Hearing the title Dead Man's Eye I was eager to get started expecting a really good horror.. but sadly I didn't receive one. In my years reading I've read some really gruesome horror books and expected this to be the same.

Definitely not saying it wasn't very captivating; it didn't take me long to read it, Dead Man's Eye is definitely a fast paced read and not just because it's a short novella.I was really intrigued as to what all the 'shadows' were about.

The descriptions are good and the characters are well developed. I guess what disappointed me was the ending, it didn't end as I expected. It was quite anticlimactic, also I feel there could have been a bit more suspense throughout the book.

Overall a good quick read that I would recommend. I've already suggested to my partner to borrow my Kindle for a whileas he loves this kind of genre.

Read this review on Anna's blog

Blurb

Blighted by an eye disease, Joanna Raines undergoes a corneal transplant operation to stop her going blind. The procedure is successful, but in the weeks that follow she begins to see dark coronas surrounding certain people. By turns fearful that something has gone wrong and worried that she's going crazy, Joanna searches for an answer to the phenomena.

What she finds will change her life forever. The transplant has opened a door in her mind, and the strange coronas are not legacies of the operation but proof that a legion of demons plans to invade the earth!

Now the only thing that stands between the demonic horde and their plot to take over the world is Joanna, a young woman with the power to see them for what they really are.

Seeing is believing.

The demons are real.

Joanna just has to convince everyone else before it's too late.

More links

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!
Make sure to come back as I try to answer all of the comments (: