Tuesday 16 November 2010

Teaser Tuesday #4

teasertuesdays31Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • Make sure you do not include spoilers
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Teaser Tuesday #4: Rampant

"Unicorns are man-eating monsters.
They don't have wings, they aren't lavender or sparkly, and you could never catch one to ride without its goring you through the sternum.

And even if it somehow managed to miss you major arteries - and it never misses - you'd still die from the poison in it's horn.
But don't worry. My great-great-great-great-great-aunt Clothilde killed the last one a hundred and fifty years ago."

    7 comments:

    Wrighty said...

    Great teaser! I've been wanting to read this one forever. I really have to get to it. Enjoy!

    kayerj said...

    that's a different take on unicorns, I always enjoy originality Kaye—the road goes ever ever on

    Miss Page-Turner said...

    What a unicorn statement:D Haha! Very nice, thanks!
    Here is my Teaser

    And don't forget to check out my giveaway which ends Nov 30th and is open internationally...just click here!

    Just So Jess said...

    Wow. You weren't kidding about killer unicorns.
    So yeah, this just got added to my TBR list. It sounds so cool!

    Jen said...

    Killer statement. ;)~ This book made me rethink unicorns -- hope you're enjoying it!

    Celine said...

    @Wrighty Thanks! A book about killer unicorns almost can't go wrong...

    @Kaye It indeed is quite different!

    @Miss Page-Turner A international giveaway, that sounds awesome, I will check it out

    @Jessica Armenta I actually wasn't, hehe. The second I heard "killer unicorns" I knew I had to have this book. I mean, that's so stupid it's awesome.

    @Jo I always knew there was something sinister about those creatures... Anyway, thanks!

    Anonymous said...

    Wow, that's a pretty heavy teaser! I'm wondering whether or not I should try this one. It seems to me like it would give me the creeps. I'm thinking the reason the unicorns got so angry is because they don't get the same amount of love that horses and even zebras get. I'd give them a hug, but you know, poison and all...

    Post a Comment

    I love to hear from you!
    Make sure to come back as I try to answer all of the comments (: