Tuesday 26 April 2011

Teaser Tuesday #24: Bec

teasertuesdays31Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • Make sure you do not include spoilers
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
Teaser Tuesday #24: Bec

"I touch the back of a leathery demon about twice my height. It looks down on my and laughs. I say a word and the nails of my fingers instantly lengthen, digging deep into the monster, piercing its skin, bones, inner organs. The hellish creature chokes, blood gurgling up its throat. My nails burst out the far side of its body. I say another word and jerk my hand away, snapping free of the nails, leaving them buried within. The demon collapses, shudders, then goes still."

Taken from Bec by Darren Shan, about halfway through the book. You can find this book on the Children's shelf in bookstores, yet there is nothing childish about this series at all. It comes with a deserved warning on the back: Seriously Scary. Review to come soon (:

Leave a comment with your teaser below!

4 comments:

Bex said...

Oh, a very teasing teaser! Interesting. Never heard of this before though.. :)

My TT can be found here!

kayerj said...

*shudder*

Kaye—the road goes ever ever on

Jennifer said...

Definitely creepy. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/04/teaser-tuesdays-the-pun-also-rises.html

Alexis @ Reflections of a Bookaholic said...

Whoa! Intense. I was scared :) Great teaser.

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!
Make sure to come back as I try to answer all of the comments (: