Organised by A Life Bound By Books, Confessions of a Bookaholic, Fiktshun and Two Chicks on Books, Top 10 of 2011 is an event to connect bloggers from all over to share their Top 10 lists. Make sure to visit one of their sign up posts.
The assignment for today is to list your top 10 bookish characters. I'm having the same problem I had with yesterday's assignment; I haven't read enough 2011 releases to keep this list strictly to 2011 published books. You'll have to do with my 2011 reads!
I always love reading YOUR top 10 lists, so make sure to link yours in a comment below (:
1. Alexia Tarabotti from Soulless by Gail Carriger: This awesome heroine has no soul, but that certainly doesn't mean she has no heart. Good-mannered but still kick-ass, Alexia was my favourite heroine of this year.
2. Rachel from Blood Work by Kim Harrison: A very stubborn witch, Rachel is one of my all-time favourites. When I first met her in Dead Witch Walking I was instantly in love with her humour. I especially love how she grows as a character throughout the books.
3. Astrid from Ascendant by Diana Peterfreund: Not only have these books killer unicorns, but also amazing characters. Astrid is smart and responsible, and easy to relate with. Even though she hunts massive horned monsters.
4. Ari from Darkness Becomes Her by Kelly Keaton: One of the most bad-ass heroines I've come across in YA books. Even though she has been through an awful lot, she's not bitter but still a good person. I also found it really refreshing that she knows how to use a gun.
5. Louisa from Wildthorn by Gail Carriger: Sweet and intelligent, Louisa is independent in a time where independency in women was frowned upon.
6. Will from Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare: The typical mysterious guy almost every young-adult novel has, with his sarcastic bad boy shell with a troubled sweet soul somewhere hidden deep inside him, that only the heroine can reach. I really liked him though, and he's one of my favourite characters.
7. Colt from Invasion by Jon S. Lewis: Loyal to his friends and intelligent. And he can kick alien butt. And he goes to a secret school where Bigfoot is a teacher. Not only does he feature in my top book boyfriends list, he is also just an amazing character.
8. The Fool from Assassin's Apprentice by Robin Hobb: I loooove his character. There is so much more to him than he let's everyone think. To the world he is just a Fool, someone the king keeps around to entertain him. But in fact he just acts like a retard while being one of the smartest and manipulative persons at court. One of the coolest characters ever.
9. Ivy from Blood Work by Kim Harrison: Best friend of Rachel, Ivy is an interesting character. As a living vampire she is caught between the mortal and the vampire world. I love her for her complexity.
10. Sherlock Holmes from The House of Silk by Anthony Horowitz: He is one of the awesomest characters ever created. I love him in the movies and in this book. I have yet to read the original though.