In a perfect world, reviewers would be able to review every single book they read. But as most of you know, you can't. Sometimes it's because you simply don't have the time. Sometimes it's because you just can't find the inspiration. And sometimes the book you're reading is so awesome that you can't describe it without turning into a blubbering fangirl. Every week I will be highlighting one of such books in Book Favourites.
A friend of mine recommended this series, and I started reading it last year. I've finished the first two books, but I'm hoping to fit the rest of the series in with my reading schedule. I'm talking about the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series by Douglas Adams! These little books are a science-fiction classic, and rightly so.
- It's like the daydream of an astrophysicist on XTC. These books are completely crazy
- You can say what you like, but they're definitely original
- Did you know the name of the Babel Fish online translator comes from these books?
- Brilliant writing style
- Incredibly fast reads - these books are all about 200-250 pages
- If you have a particular sense of humour, these books are very funny
I recommend this series if you like:
- Science fiction
- Short books
- Daydreams of astrophysicists on XTC