Sunday 1 July 2012

This Week's New Books

If you're wondering why I'm not having an IMM - read this post.

There are so many new "Look at my new books!" memes that I'm having troubles choosing. I know a few of the hosts personally and I don't feel like picking teams on this one. So, I introduce my own conglomeration of all the memes out there! If you're hosting a similar meme or if one of your friends hosts one, let me know and I'll add their graphic (:


So I kind of caved and bought some books even though I'm still on a book buying ban. I keep telling myself it's okay though, because they're all books in series I've already read the first book of. I have to buy them, otherwise they might not sell those covers any more!

Sigh, the lengths I go in deceiving myself. The books are really awesome though, and I can't wait to dig into them (:

Click on the covers or links to go to their Goodreads page.

For review:


This is a rather large book, but it looks quite interesting! It looks like it's a mystery/thriller kind of book, but with vampires. I have no idea how this combination will turn out, but the cover is quite catchy. Thanks to Outskirts Press & the author for providing the review copy (:

Bought:


Blackout! I couldn't wait to get my hands on this one since I loooooved Deadline. I already started reading it, and it promises to be just as awesome as the previous books.
Perchance to Dream & So Silver Bright. The first book in the series, Eyes Like Stars, was one of the weirdest books I've ever read. It's this kind of surreal fantasy story. These covers are absolutely gorgeous, and I'm glad to have the complete series.
A Witch in Love. Ruth Warburton's writing shows a lot of promise in her debut, A Witch in Winter, and I'm really looking forward to read the second book in the series. I also had the honour of interviewing her, if you're interested.

So what do you have in your mailbox, on your shelf or to showcase? Leave a comment with your link so I can visit you back!

14 comments:

Kelsey said...

It's hard not to buy books when you're on a ban, but I can understand wanting the rest in the series, especially if they match on the shelf. I need to start that series by Mira Grant someday. Enjoy!

http://kelseysclutteredbookshelf.wordpress.com/2012/07/01/showcase-sunday-6/

Vicky @ Books, Biscuits & Tea said...

Funnily enough, I haven't read Deadline but I keep seeing Blackout everywhere :D It actually sounds very good! I was about to say that Shadows of the Past sounds like my cup of tea when I read the "vampires" bit :( I'm sure you'll love it, though!

PS. RCCleanup discussion-post scheduling some time .. this weekend or tomorrow? :D x

Kathy Martin said...

I know what you mean about having to get continuing books in a series if you have read the first one. I do that all the time. My new book posts are at Ms. Martin Teaches Media and at Inside of a Dog. Happy reading!

annabelle.hammond said...

I'm so jealous you have a Witch In Love!

Letterbox Love!

Eileen Li said...

I got Eyes Like Stars a while ago, but I never actually ended up reading it because when I first started reading it it was really weird...Anyway, I hope you enjoy your books and the next two books in that trilogy!

Check out my Stacking the Shelves!

Melissa said...

Hard to pass up books when they are part of a series you have already started!  I've heard good things about Mira Grant but have yet to pick up one of her books! Enjoy!

jeneaw0716 said...

Great haul this week. Look forward to your reviews..  :)

Jenea @ Books Live Foreverhttp://booksliveforever.com/?p=2108

Mel @thedailyprophecy said...

I love the books you bought this week <3 Happy reading, but I think that's not a problem :D

http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.nl/2012/07/showcase-sunday-6-netgalley.html

Ellie Warren said...

I was desperate to get my paws on Blackout but after seeing a few reviews I think I can wait.

Becca@Lost in Thought said...

Haha I love how you try and convince yourself its okay to buy more books. I do it all of time but I never regret buying more books so it really doesn't matter in the end! Enjoy your books this week :)

-Becca Lost in Thought
 http://lostinthought-becca.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/showcase-sunday-7.html

Kimberly @ Turning The Pages said...

Great book haul! Of course it's alright to get more books :) Enjoy them all!
Here's My Sunday Post!
-Kimberly @ Turning The Pages

Danielle Chapman said...

Interesting books you have there! I can't wait to see what
you think of them.


Happy Reading,


Dani


http://paulettespapers.com/?p=2194

Alexia Smit said...

haha... Deceiving yourself to get more books is always fine :)
Alexia - Sunday Post

Celine said...

The Mira Grant books are so good, I can't recommend them enough. Thanks for stopping by (;

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!
Make sure to come back as I try to answer all of the comments (: