Wednesday 22 February 2012

Waiting on Wednesday


Waiting on Wednesday is a bookish meme hosted by Jill from Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we can't wait for.

I read The Vespertine, the first part of this series, last year and I absolutely loved it (read my review)! I am very much looking forward to read the sequel, which stars a different main character. The blurb sounds really interesting, I can't wait to read The Springsweet.

The Springsweet by Saundra Mitchell (The Vespertine #2)
Expected publication April 17th by Harcourt Children's Books

Heartbroken over the tragic death of her fiancĂ©, seventeen-year-old Zora Stewart leaves Baltimore for the frontier town of West Glory, Oklahoma, to help her young widowed aunt keep her homestead going. There she discovers that she possesses the astonishing ability to sense water under the parched earth. When her aunt hires her out as a“springsweet” to advise other settlers where to dig their wells, Zora feels the burden of holding the key to something so essential to survival in this unforgiving land. Even more, she finds herself longing for love the way the prairie thirsts for water. Maybe, in the wildness of the territories, Zora can finally move beyond simply surviving and start living.

What are you waiting on? Leave a comment to your post!

6 comments:

Thereadinggeek said...

Great pick! I haven't of this series yet but it sounds really good. I am definitely going to have to check this out.

Thanks for stopping by my post!

Giselleco said...

I haven't read the Vespertine yet but I've been meaning to. I love this cover too!

Giselle
Xpresso Reads

Jennifer Messerschmidt said...

I hadn't heard of this but sounds good but also wow her fiancee died?! How sad. But she also has water powers! A lot going on! LOL
Thanks for visiting My WOW!

Ashelynn @ Gypsy Book Reviews said...

I haven't read the first one yet, but love the covers for these books. Definitely need to read them! 

Aylee R. said...

Thank you for reminding me that I need to read The Vespertine! I added it to my tbr last year after reading some great reviews, but then it somehow got pushed down my list.

Marla said...

Thanks for stopping by.  I really need to read The Vespertine soon.  I have it on my shelf, I just haven't had the chance to read it yet.  Great pick!

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!
Make sure to come back as I try to answer all of the comments (: