Thursday 5 January 2012

Busting the Newbie Blues: Button Making

As a part in the Busting the Newbie Blues event, Small Review has made a neat link up post with all of her Tips & Tricks posts! She has challenged us newbies and oldies alike to use one of her posts and to try something we've been scared of doing before. Well, I have a scary thing that I want to do. I've been a blogger for 1,5 year, and I don't have a button.

Yes people, that's right. I'm scared of buttons.

So I followed Smalls advice on how to make a button, and this is the result!

Well, that wasn't as intimidating as I thought. Even though I have mediocre Photoshop skills, it looks pretty cool over there in my sidebar.

The only thing missing now is a "Grab it" section, where you can easily copy the code. Does anyone know how to make one? Got it working, thanks to Smalls (:

I will do a personal happy-dance for every person that grabs my button!

8 comments:

Small Review said...

Beautiful! I love clear buttons like that. Congrats for tackling this! I have the "grab it" code in my tips and tricks post. Let me know if you have any trouble with it. :)

Does Disquis allow html? Hm, I guess I'll find out. Here's the link

http://smallreview.blogspot.com/2011/01/how-to-make-button.html

http://smallreview.blogspot.com/2011/01/how-to-make-button.html

CelineNyx said...

Aha! I got it!

Thank you for the help (:

Amanda @ On a Book Bender said...

I like the button!  :)

CelineNyx said...

Aww, thanks! (:

rogier said...

cool bunnton i grabbed it

CelineNyx said...

Aww, thank you! *happy dance*

Annette said...

Start dancing. I grabbed.....

It would be great if you grabbed mine too!

http://annettesbookspot.blogspot.com

Paige said...

Oh i'm so going to find this post and make my button because i really want one! Thanks for the tips on my blog i changed the links to white so hopefully it looks better now =) Feel free to stop by to chat anytime!

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!
Make sure to come back as I try to answer all of the comments (: