Sunday 8 May 2011

In My Mailbox

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren.

I kind of went on a shopping spree this Friday. There was a pretty large book sale nearby, so I had a lot of fun there. Here's what I bought:

Jonathan Stange & Mr Norrel by Suzanna Clarke

I've been eyeing this book for a while now, so I'm pretty excited to have found this boxed set for a very good price.





The Hitchhiker's Guide by Douglas Adams

Another boxed set I bought. I don't really like the front covers, but the sides will look very pretty on my shelves.
I apologise for the Paramore poster on the background, this was the only place where the lighting was right.



The Mammoth Hunters by Jean M. Auel


The Shining by Stephen King


Well of Tears by Cecilia Dart-Thornton




Bliss by Lauren Myracle

This is how the hardcover looks without his jacket. The book is slightly damaged, but I decided to take it anyway. I'm currently reading an ARC of Shine by the same author, and I have to say I'm really impressed with her writing. Looking forward to read this one (:



Sin Undone by Larissa Ione

I won this book in a giveaway hosted by the wonderful ladies over at Book Lovers Inc. Anyone know if this series is readable out of order? I've never read a book by Larissa Ione before.




Dracula The Un-Dead by Dacre Stoker


The Colour Of Magic by Terry Pratchett






That's it for this In My Mailbox! Feel free to leave a comment with your mailbox for this week (:

6 comments:

Alison Can Read said...

Great set! I've wanted to read Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrel for a long time.
My IMM

BookMarc Blogpants said...

I also have Jonathon Strange in my TBR pile although I like that yours is in three volumes. I have it in one paperback that is pushing 1000 pages and as such I always end up reading something a tad less daunting when picking out my next book to read.

Annette Mills said...

I'm looking forward to your thoughts on Jonathan Strange... I started that book once a while back, and just couldn't get into it. It might just be that I wasn't in the right mood. I need someone to tell me to try it again.

Celine said...

@ Marc; Yeah, I was never sure if I wanted to commit to reading such a long book when there are so many other books I still have to read. I really like the three volumes (:

@ Annette; Well, if it's worth it, I'll make sure you pick up that book again! Its length is what scares me the most.

Karis Jacobstein said...

I read Shine a couple of weeks ago. So good! Enjoy!

http://yalitwit.blogspot.com/2011/05/in-my-mailbox-monday-4.html

Celine said...

@ Karis; Thanks! From what I've read, Shine is a great book (:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!
Make sure to come back as I try to answer all of the comments (: