Sunday 4 March 2012

In My Mailbox

It's time for In My Mailbox, a weekly meme by The Story Siren!

I'm glad to announce that my Netgalley slump is officially over! Massive thanks to Macmillian Children's Books for accepting me for three of their upcoming releases <3. Also, Grave Mercy was auto-approved for every Netgalley member, and I definitely jumped on the opportunity! I'm very excited about this week's mailbox (:

Click on the cover to go to the Goodreads page.



For Review: 


Grave Mercy has intrigue, nuns, crossbows and assassins. What more can you ask for in one book? I'm very excited to read this one.


I love how this book looks kind of retro. It's about a girl who has lost her mother and wants to discover how she really died. Her father has a detective agency. It all sounds pretty awesome.


I have yet to read a mermaid book, but Monstrous Beauty sounds like a great story. And I like the cover, I admit it.


I love the tagline of Monument 14: "Fourteen kids. One superstore. A million things that go wrong.". I love dystopians and post-apocalyptics so I'm hoping this will be a good read. This is another debut author and so far the debuts I've read this year have been excellent.




Fire Baptized sounds like a promising urban-fantasy. Even though I've been kind of neglecting my UF series lately, I'm looking forward to dive into a book promising vampires, shifters and fairies all in one book!


So, that's it for me! What do you have in your mailbox this week? Leave a comment! (:

28 comments:

Hanna Whitehead said...

I downloaded Grave Mercy too this week :) I'm really looking forward to reading it.

I've never heard of The Girl is Trouble before, but you're right - the retro cover thing is awesome!

Have a great week.

http://bookinginheels.com

Bookish_Nimue said...

Monument 14 is on my  wish list. The synopsis and the cover are just too intriguing. Hope you like all your books

Raine said...

"Grave Mercy" does look intriguing. :D Enjoy. 

Agnieszka Nashi said...

I've got Grave Mercy too, gotta love NetGalley!
I can't wait to read Monument 14 myself, but I'm waiting for my paperback copy. *_*

Great haul, happy reading!

Here's my IMM. ♥

Michelle Chew said...

Grave Mercy really looks like a good book. Monument 14 too!

Happy reading!Here's my IMM.

Lindsay said...

Monument 14 looks awesome... I can't wait to read it (fingers crossed my Galley request goes through!!)  Enjoy

Here is my IMM
Happy Reading!Lindsay @ Turning the Pages

Nick said...

I can't wait to read Grave Mercy and Monument 14!
I haven't heard of the other books but they do sound really interesting!

I hope you enjoy all your books :)

Nick @ Nick's Book Blog
www.nicksbookblog93.blogspot.com

NatFrampton said...

ooo Monument 14 looks amazing. I'm super jealous!! That monstrous beauty cover is super pretty too.
Happy reading 

Lynsey (Geekius) said...

Thanks for visiting me. You are right, it was a very good marketing ploy with Grave Mercy. And the best thing is, it looks fab!

Usagi @ birth of a new witch said...

OH man, am I dying for "Monstrous Beauty"! I hope you enjoy that along with the rest of your books! They all look awesome.

My IMM for this week!

Stepping out of the Page said...

Oh - what a fantastic haul! I LOVE the look of Monument 14 - I really want to get my hands on a copy! I love the idea of Grave Mercy too. I've heard a lot of good things about it. :) Enjoy all of them!

Stephanie Follow back/Check out my latest post @ Stepping Out of the Page

Michele said...

I picked up a couple of those Netgalley titles too! Monument 14 I'm really excited about.. looks really good!! :)

Happy reading!

Michele | IMM | 2 Giveaways

BookStacksOnDeck said...

I'm excited about Monument 14 too!  Monstrous Beauty sounds really good!  Hope you enjoy all your new reads!  <3

Mariana Schiavi said...

Hi, how are you?
Good books, i received Grave Mercy too. *-*
I'm following your blog. Please
"like" my page on facebook. It's there on my blog.

Have a good weekend.

Mariana - World of Tori Vega. 

Anna said...

Grave Mercy was soooo good -- hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

Becca @ Lost in Thought said...

Fire Baptized and Grave Mercy sound so good! So many people have mentioned it lately so I think I need to check it out!

Check out my mailbox if you wish!
http://lostinthought-becca.blogspot.com/2012/03/in-my-mailbox-3.html

Giselleco said...

Yay Grave Mercy! It's been getting amazing reviews I'm so curious! Great hauL!

Giselle
Xpresso Reads

Jessica (Peace Love Books) said...

Monstrous Beauty looks so good! And Grave Mercy seems to be a really popular book. I hope you enjoy all you got and thanks so much for stopping by my IMM! 

Megan Reti said...

Looks like an awesome bunch of books!

IMM @ Megan Likes Books

Mariska said...

Your IMM looks awesome. And I can tell your I have Grave Mercy on my to-read list :D

I hope you enjoy your books :D

Mariska

Asher_Knight said...

Monstrous Beauty! Monument 14! GRAVE MERCY! I'm so happy we'll be reading these together, Celine. They're just so awesome. Hope you enjoy!

Asher

Christy @TheReaderBee said...

I can't wait to get started on Grave Mercy! I hope it's awesome. :) Enjoy!

Inthehammockblog said...

the girl is trouble has an awesome cover!

Britt Moore said...

Great books this week. They all sound amazing. Happy Reading!

Celine said...

Thanks Britt! (:

Celine said...

Thanks Mariska! I hope you enjoy Grave Mercy when you pick it up. It does look awesome, doesn't it?

Celine said...

Thanks Heather (: <3

Rhoda Myra Garces Bacsal said...

Nice! All the book covers look amazing. Seems like you won't have trouble reading through all of them. Enjoy!

Here's mine over at GatheringBooks: http://gatheringbooks.wordpress.com/2012/03/11/launch-of-girl-power-and-womens-wiles/

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!
Make sure to come back as I try to answer all of the comments (: