Saturday 24 March 2012

Interview: T.P. Boje (Beyond)

Today I'm interviewing Therese, writer of the Afterlife series (starting with Beyond).

The Interview

Nyx Book Reviews: Hi Therese, welcome to Nyx Book Reviews! Can you tell us a bit about yourself?

Therese: My name is T.P. Boje and I am a writer of mystery novels, young adult fantasy and paranormal romance novels. Originally I am from Denmark but three years ago we moved to Florida with my husbands job and that was when I began to write in English.

Can you tell us some more about your book, Beyond?

It is the first book in the series I have called Afterlife. It is about a young girl Meghan who dies and wakes up on a steamboat on her way to The Academy. It is a school where you have to go after you die in order to learn how to handle your new body and new powers and your new life. At the school she meets Mick who is really nice to her and helps her out in this difficult time of her life in a world filled with heavenly magic. One day she goes through a magic mirror and ends up on earth where she meets Jason and falls in love with him. Now she is torn between two worlds.

What makes your series stand out from other young-adult series?

I guess the settings are pretty unique. Plus there are no werewolves or vampires.

Where and when did you decide to become a writer?

I have always been writing. Ever since I was a small child I have always told stories to whoever would listen. In school I remember sitting in class during recess and telling stories to my friends making them forget that they were about to go out and play. Even my teacher would often listen in as well. Later I would write stories for my teacher and he loved to read them. I kept writing short-stories in high school and then I became a journalist. For many years I worked at a Danish TV-station, and it was then I came up with the idea for my first novel. A Danish truck-driver had been found dead in Poland and I was sent there to cover the investigation for the TV-station. Two years later that story became my first mystery novel. Since then I wrote two other mystery-novels that has been published in Denmark, Norway and Germany. I write full-time and that is the only thing I ever want to do.

When I moved to Florida I started writing in English and published another mystery-novel called “One, Two … He is coming for you” but then I wanted to try something new. I wanted to write for a younger audience and that was when I wrote the fantasy-novel “The Eye of the Crystal Ball” that came out last June. But something was missing, I thought. I needed some romance. So I started reading some paranormal romance and loved it. I knew right away that I wanted to write that too. Now I have written three novels in this series. I am planning on writing a new series soon, so I will be busy for awhile.

What do you like best about being a writer?

The fact that I can just spend all day in my own worlds that I create. I can finally use this huge imagination that I have to create something that people can enjoy. I love to get letters from readers who liked my books.

What are your plans for the future? Any more books coming up?

Right now I am writing a Danish mystery-novel for my publisher over there, but afterwards I will begin a new series called "Daughters of the Jaguar". I think it is going to be really wonderful and I can't wait to begin writing it.

Thank you for answering my questions! (:

Bio

I am a Y/A Paranormal Romance, fantasy and mystery writer. I am originally from Denmark but currently living in Florida, USA. I have written several mystery novels that are published in Denmark, Norway and Germany. They are all published under my maiden name and no they are not translated into English yet. I hope they will be one day, though.

I am also the author of several books in English. Latest I have begun a series called Afterlife. It is a Y/A Paranormal Romance-novel for the young reader with a twist of both fantasy and mystery in it. Currently I have released three books in the series, Beyond, Serenity and Endurance. They are both available on Amazon.com, Smashwords, Barnes and Nobles, etc. and as paperback if you prefer that.

You can find more information about T.P. and her work on her website.

2 comments:

Michelle Chew said...

The books seems interesting! A school for after one has died? Very uncommon! Will be adding this book to my TBR pile. :) Thanks for sharing the interview!

Celine said...

Thanks for leaving a comment! (:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!
Make sure to come back as I try to answer all of the comments (: