Thursday 7 June 2012

Book Favourites: Fracture by Megan Miranda


In a perfect world, reviewers would be able to review every single book they read. But as most of you know, you can't. Sometimes it's because you simply don't have the time. Sometimes it's because you just can't find the inspiration. And sometimes the book you're reading is so awesome that you can't describe it without turning into a blubbering fangirl. Every week I will be highlighting one of such books in Book Favourites.

This is my first Book Favourites post that doesn't feature a series. This book is so amazing, it deserves a post all on its own. I am talking about Megan Miranda's Fracture. It had been on my wishlist for quite some time, and since it came highly recommended by some bloggish friends, I decided to pick it up. And I didn't put it down for the rest of the day.


Why this book is awesome:
  • It's so good, I couldn't write a review afterwards. You know a book is good when that happens
  • The whole story. It's about a girl that falls through ice, and dies for eleven minutes. No one comes out of a coma when their brain hasn't had oxygen for such a long time. Yet Delaney does. After being dead, her whole outlook on life is changed. She is forced to examine what makes her want to live
  • Dying didn't come without a cost. Her brain is damaged; she gets massive headaches, can't concentrate on reading anything. And she can sense when someone is about to die
  • There is a slight mystery part which was predictable, but entertaining
  • It's short, yet has so much depth
  • A best friend kind of love interest! Those are the best kind, in my opinion
  • I can't describe it, but this book is so much more than just a paranormal love story
  • I'm slightly squeamish with non-paranormal books. This is the perfect mix of contemporary with a slight dash of paranormal

I recommend this book if you like:
  • Contemporary novels
  • Fast reads
  • Books that make you think
  • Novels dealing with death and it's aftermath
  • Teen love stories

16 comments:

Ashelynn @ Gypsy Book Reviews said...

oh, dude, I feel you re: not being able to review every book we read. I actually do a similar thing, but I call it "devoured books." Because books are just so delicious I can't help but eat them all! ;D 

great "review!" I loved Fracture and I so agree that it has a lot of depth for such a little book and man, I freaking LOVE the story. And that it was kinda creepy. LOVE. <3 

Ashelynn @ gypsy book
reviews
.

Ashley Prince said...

I really want to read this book. I have heard that it is a book like no other. It keeps getting great reviews. 

Linny @ Linnys Literature said...

That's so cool that this book made you like it so much that you couldn't write a review - that's such a rare and awesome feeling. I've seen this book around but haven't read it. You recommend it for those who like contemporary, and I don't haha, but I'm considering reading it anyway just because of all of the stuff under "awesome"! Thanks for sharing. :D

Celine said...

Ha, devoured books is a great name for them too! I hope you don't mind that we're doing a similar feature o:

I know right? I absolutely loooved the creepiness. And Decker. I wouldn't mind having him living next door! :D

Celine said...

It really is (: There are so many elements in this book that almost everyone can find something they like

Celine said...

To tell you a secret, I don't read contemporary either. I think I've maybe read two contemporaries in the last year? Anyway, usually I just find them rather petty; for me boy trouble isn't really world ending material. But Fracture is very, very good and the paranormal stuff makes it more accessible for us contemporary dislikers ^^

Linny @ Linnys Literature said...

Exactly! I prefer some real drama like a zombie apocalypse or something haha. Yay for paranormal stuff! I've added Fracture to my to-read list. ;)

P.S. I finally made my lazy self make the Blog List in the sidebar, and you're there! :D

Ellie Warren said...

Haha I do find I am more likely to write a quickie review for books I love. Quite often the things I love are really spoilers so can't talk about them. It's easier to write at leangth when there's faults, even if minor. I do like to feature every book I read on my blog though so I don't skip over them...even a picture of the cover and the word LOVE below it will do in extreme cases ;)

Ellie Warren said...

Hrm I think 90% of books (not just young adult) can be divided into boy trouble or girl trouble. I believe boy trouble to be seriously life changing stuff ;)

Celine said...

True. That's why I usually read paranormal - at least they have other things to worry about, like their loved ones dying or something. To be honest I just can't be bothered with boy/girl trouble. I have way more severe troubles in my real life that I don't find their troubles that troubling. I read to escape (:

Celine said...

Me too! I like the world-ending life and death situation things. I hope you enjoy Fracture (:

Aww yay <3 That's so sweet of you ^^

Celine said...

Yeah, I don't like to skip on books I've read either. That's why I invented this kind of post, it makes sure I don't spoil anything but at least I can bug people into reading them :D My longest reviews are on books I don't like.

nurmawati djuhawan said...

first i like the cover....really beautifull...and the i read ur review...that makes me want to read this book too...i love paranormal with romance... 

Celine said...

I think you'd like it then Nurmawati (:

Mel @thedailyprophecy said...

I know what you mean with: don't know how to write a review after reading a great book. I had that problem with the review I posted today. It's so hard to describe how much you love something with only words. Thanks for sharing! ^^

Celine said...

Yeah! In real life I would just squee like a mad person. But sadly that doesn't work well on the internet

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!
Make sure to come back as I try to answer all of the comments (: