Saturday 16 June 2012

What To Do If You Don't Know What To Post Today

So, I was not sure what to post today. I already did my vlog, don't have any guest posts or interviews coming up, no reviews that need posting. I decided to do a post about what to do when you feel like this!

First I want to say that if you don't have any content to post for a day, don't worry. Your blog doesn't need to be filled every single day. Taking a day off when you feel like it is perfectly fine. Only when you systematically notice that you are lacking content is when you need to get worried and reconsider your blogging ways.

I found an incredibly helpful article on this written by Parajunkee. You can find the original post "Book Blogging 101: Spice Up Your Blog Content" on her blog. In fact, pretty much her entire Blogging 101 series is very helpful. This is my interpretation (or summary) of that post. For the original, check out hers.
  • do a vlog
  • top best books
  • a picture post - no words
  • start a discussion
  • blog about something else book related, like music that fits a certain book
  • do a tips & tricks post
  • blog about a current bookish event
Just reading through this list inspires me for a big bunch of blog posts. A top 10 books I've read so far this year! Top 10 books on my wishlist! Discussion posts! Tips and tricks! And something I like to do myself, Cover Craving posts!

Sometimes you just need to change things up, and step away from your blogging schedule. Don't think about reviews and reading ARCs for a second, but just have fun with your blog.

What do you do if you're without inspiration? Do you search for ideas on the web, or just take a day off? I'd love to know what you all think about this (:

7 comments:

Bekka said...

I just wrote up this post last night:  http://prettydeadlyreviews.blogspot.com/2012/06/bookish-goodies.html
It wasn't because I had nothing to write about, but now I wish I had saved it until today since now I actually don't have anything to write about!

If I find I'm really lacking in content I will try to change things up with either a list or a discussion.  Then the comments pour in and inspire even more posts!

Celine said...

Hehe, aww :D You can always write about how you have nothing to write about. That actually worked pretty well for me today. I love lists, I should do more lists on my blog. I love your bookish things from Etsy post (:

Celine said...

Definitely true. You might get a little dip in pageviews, but that's it. And what are pageviews really, with all the spambots around

Rodtyson333 said...

Great post Celine! Have passed on the 'beautiful blogger award' to you, please check it out on my blog :D
 

Celine said...

That's great Rod, thank you!

Mel @thedailyprophecy said...

I wrote a lot of reviews before I started my blog, so I use them a lot when I don't have anything to post :) Just re-write them a bit and put them under my 'old review' theme :)

I also participate in a couple of memes and those are never boring to do (although, sometimes I don't participate. If I don't feel like it, I just skip it a day)

You certainly gave me some new ideas I could use, like something connecting to books :)

Other things you could do are a little blog post about yourself? So that people get to know you better?

Celine said...

That's a great idea too, Mel. Especially when you've been following a blog quite a while it's nice to see the person behind it (: Maybe I should bring back some old reviews too when I don't have anything to do. Especially since I've been writing them for two years now, and people most likely forgot all about them ^^

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!
Make sure to come back as I try to answer all of the comments (: