Sunday 10 June 2012

This Week's New Books

If you're wondering why I'm not having an IMM - read this post.

There are so many new "Look at my new books!" memes that I'm having troubles choosing. I know a few of the hosts personally and I don't feel like picking teams on this one. So, I introduce my own conglomeration of all the memes out there! If you're hosting a similar meme or if one of your friends hosts one, let me know and I'll add their graphic (:


I had an amazing week! It was my 18th birthday this week, and I celebrated with a nice BBQ. I got quite some bookish gifts, but most of them in the form of book gift cards. I will be able to buy a LOT of books! Still, a few of my family members and friends ventured to give me a book I don't own yet, and succeeded very well!

Click on the covers or links to go to the book's Goodreads page.

For review:


Requested this one from Netgalley (thanks Amulet!). It looks pretty interesting, kind of a young-adult mystery about a group of people bullying bullies. Or something like that. I'm looking forward to read it!

Gifted:


I got these pretty flowers from my boyfriend. Never thought I would be flower kind of girl, but I thought it was so sweet!


Couldn't find this one on Goodreads since it's a Dutch book (with an English title). It has all these pictures of weird places, hotels, items... It's a really cool book (:


From another friend I got this awesome "hang your book somewhere" thing! The bottom is a little flat metal bar that makes sure your book doesn't get damaged. A thank you to my mom for posing with it!


Books! Insurgent is actually a late-late Valentine's Day gift. I have been waiting for this book to come out for SO LONG. As you can see, I already started it. Dreamcatcher is a great addition to my Stephen King collection. And I finally got a copy of A Game of Thrones! And man, that book is scary. It's huge!


And I got some awesome non-bookish stuff too. I got lactose-free chocolate (yay!) and some Lush bathstuffs. If you've never heard of Lush, check out their website. All of their products have not been tested on animals, are vegetarian, and smell amazing. I wish it was my birthday more often!

So what do you have in your mailbox, on your shelf or to showcase? Leave a comment with your link so I can visit you back!

36 comments:

Jane Hanbury said...

I think a lot of us are going independent on this theme!  A good week of incoming for you, not just books!
http://booketta.blogspot.co.uk/ 

Kelsey said...

The flowers are beautiful! And I love Lush, they have so many awesome stuff!! Awesome books too, yeah Game of Thrones is long but good :) Enjoy!

Eileen Li said...

Game of Thrones is huge! And so is Dreamcatcher! -.- Insurgent was really good, too, so hopefully you'll really like that and enjoy your bathstuffs! ;)

Check out my Stacking the Shelves!

Kathy Martin said...

Happy birthday! I do like the cover of the book you chose from NetGalley. I hope you enjoy the story too. Have fun spending your gift cards. My new book posts are at Ms. Martin Teaches Media and Inside of a Dog. Happy reading!

Vicky @ Books, Biscuits & Tea said...

Aww, happy birthday (again)! :)  You got so many lovely presents! I still need to order Insurgent but I hope it's worth the wait! :D

Lauren [Books&Tea] said...

Hope you enjoy King's book :) and AGoT is really good by the way.


Here is my weekly round up
Lauren @ Northern Plunder

Mel @thedailyprophecy said...

Stephen King, such a great writer :D And A game of trones is huuuuge indeed :o That 'hang your book somewhere' looks funny (and a bit dangerous for your books at the same time :p) Happy reading! ^^
http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.nl/2012/06/showcase-sunday-6.html

kit said...

Glad you had a good birthday! I love Lush products, and I love the smell when you walk into the shop. I hope you enjoy A Game of Thrones, I just finished book #4 and I'm really enjoying the series!

InLibrisVeritas said...

Happy Belated Birthday!! I'm glad you had a good time and it seems like you got some awesome stuff. I want to read Game of Thrones but I don't really have time for a book that size right now. 

My Sunday Post

Kimbacaffeinated said...

Happy Birthday!!! 18 so sweet. I am curious about League of Strays and look forward to your review. The flowers are so pretty and you got some amazing books! Thanks for being a part of 
The Sunday Post

kimbacaffeinate said...

Happy Birthday!!! 18 so sweet. I am curious about League of Strays and look forward to your review. The flowers are so pretty and you got some amazing books! Thanks for being a part of 
The Sunday Post

Heidi@Rainy Day Ramblings said...

Well that was quite the week. Happy Belated Birthday! Stephen King is one of my fav authors but Dreamcatcher was not one of my favs...hope you enjoy it. I am tempted to read Mr. Martin but his book is huge and I wouldn't be able to keep up with the blog commitments :(

AnnGMorrone said...

http://goo.gl/5cIEg

Danielle Chapman said...

You received some wonderful this week! Have fun reading them
and I look forward to your reviews! (Love the flowers, they are so beautiful!)


 


Thanks for sharing,


Dani


http://paulettespapers.com/?p=2110

Jennifer Aguilar said...

Happy Birthday!! :)

That Crazy Stuff book looks pretty neat! 

Oh my gosh, Lush rocks! Yay bathsalts!

Gautami Tripathy said...

Such a good haul! Have fun reading!!

Here is my Sunday post!

Leah said...

:) The flowers are beautiful! You know, I never considered myself a flowers kind of girl either, but my boyfriend gave me roses for Valentine's Day and I loved them.

Woohoo, Game of Thrones! Awesome, awesome, awesome! Lol, yeah, the books are MASSIVE. But so good.

Stephen King is really hit-or-miss with me. Some of his stuff I went crazy for, others I had to force myself to finish.

Here's what I got!

Rabid Fox said...

The Crazy Stuff book sounds interesting. As for "Dreamcatcher," the movie kind of soured me on bothering with the book. Love King, though.

Celine said...

Yup, seems like it. Quite a few are reverting back to IMM though.. Thanks for stopping by Jane (:

Celine said...

Thanks Kelsey! Lush <3 If their stuff wasn't so expensive I would probably buy their whole store empty, haha

Celine said...

I already finished Insurgent. SO GOOD. Thanks for stopping by Eileen (:

Celine said...

Thank you Kathy! I am sure I will enjoy spending those gift cards *grins*

Celine said...

I finished it yesterday night and it was gooood. Definitely worth it (: But now we have to wait another YEAR for the next one

Celine said...

Thanks Lauren! I'm looking forward to read it, even though its length is very, very scary

Celine said...

Haha, at first I wasn't so sure if I wanted to submit my book to that kind of torture, but it doesn't damage the book so I'm happy (: Thanks for stopping by Mel!

Celine said...

Oh I loove the Lush smell. Seriously everything there makes you feel pretty. Glad to hear you like the series! ^^

Celine said...

Hehe thanks Michelle! Yeah, that's my concern too. Combined with keeping a blog, a book of that size is a huge commitment.

Celine said...

Hehe, thanks Kimba! (: The flowers are actually even prettier right now they've opened.

Celine said...

Thanks Heidi! Hm, I actually don't even really know what it's about. I'm sure I'll found out soon enough though xD Yeah, that's my issue too. My blog is rather demanding.. But maybe I'll read it this summer, when I take my blogging break

Celine said...

Thank you Dani! (:

Celine said...

Hehe, thanks Jennifer! Their bath bombs are the best things EVER.

Celine said...

Thanks Gautami!

Celine said...

Thanks Leah (: I'm the same, I never pictured myself wanting flowers, but I loved the gesture.

So far I've enjoyed all of his books, but that being said I've only read his older work. Not sure how much I'll like his newer books. Both his and Game of Thrones are so big! I will have to make some time to read those.

Thanks for stopping by Leah ^^

Celine said...

Hm, I haven't seen the movie, so I'm not biased (: Thanks for stopping by!

Leah said...

 I've jumped around a LOT with his stuff. I decided to start with his classics and I think The Shining was my introduction (which I loved, by the way! The movie...eh. It wasn't bad, but huge things were changed from the novel). lol my luck ran out after one book though, when I mistakenly picked up The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon. ...yeah.

After that I was too hesitant to try again so I put King on the back burner for a while before giving Cell and Misery a go. I really enjoyed those two! I've been wanting to read his Dark Tower series, but I'm a bit intimidated.

Celine said...

I actually started with The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon, fooled by this little thin book. Let's just say that I wasn't impressed. After that I tried IT (because I'd seen the movie) and that one was great! After that I decided to start collecting his book (:

I'd love to start the Dark Tower series too! A friend of mine has read them all, and even though he's not a big reader he loved them.

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!
Make sure to come back as I try to answer all of the comments (: