Tuesday 1 May 2012

April Wrap Up

I decided to start doing this monthly wrap up thing more regularly. April has yet again been my best blogging month so far (my blog just keeps on growing, and I'm so glad for all of you awesome readers). This month was pretty low on events as I had to take a break after co-hosting the Review Copy Cleanup in March. 

Events:
  • April Page Count Contest. I never did make it in the top 20, but the contest did encourage me to read more, and not to be afraid to pick up a book that's high in page count. In the end I read exactly 3400 pages which is 300 more than I was going for. I'm quite proud that I achieved such a high number!
  • Secret April Event: Illumine's Wish. It was very nice to be able to participate in this event (:
  • Dewey's 24H Readathon. Okay, I didn't read that much during the readathon. But I participated in a few of the mini-challenges and slept through about half of the thing. Sleep is important too I guess.
  • London Book Fair. Ha, it's not often a real life event makes it on my list! Definitely my favourite of this month.
Interviews:
Guest Posts:
Reviews:
Book Favourites:

Books read: 9
Pages read: 3400

8 comments:

Lili Lost In A Book said...

Wow, you did great! And you are so lucky you got to go to London! I have always wanted to go there!

Here is my monthly wrap up post: http://lili-lost-in-a-book.blogspot.com/2012/04/monthly-round-up-april-2012.html

Kelsey said...

Glad you're doing a monthly wrap-up, gives people (me) the chance to see anything I might have missed! Also you reminded me that I want to read the Sookie Stackhouse series someday, will need to check to see if they have them at the library.

Ning @ Reading by Kindle Fire said...

haha I didn't make it to the top 20 in the page contest either, but it was still fun. it was amazing to see how much ppl can read in a week. I wish I read that fast or had that much time! I read about 3,300 pages for the contest.

Ning @ Reading by Kindle Fire

Celine said...

Thanks Lili! It's a wonderful city, I hope you can go there sometime (:

Celine said...

Hehe, I'm glad you like the wrap-up, Kelsey (: Oooh, I hope you like Sookie's books! They're so addicting. I just finished rereading the first one and I can't wait to continue the series.

Celine said...

Yeah, I was quite shocked that some people can read 3000 pages in a week. I read that in a whole month! Oh well, we both still did a great job I think (: Thanks for stopping by Ning!

Linny @ Linnys Literature said...

This is a nice post, really gives perspective to all the hard work and reading you've done! And 3400 pages? Whew! Nice work, even if you didn't make it into the top 20. Thanks for sharing! :)

Celine said...

Hehe aww (: Thanks Linny! <3 I hope I can continue reading this much when I'm studying Cultural Sciences next year. I'm going for 100 books this year ^^

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!
Make sure to come back as I try to answer all of the comments (: