Saturday 21 April 2012

Dewey's Readathon

I made a very last-minute decision to join the 24-hour Readathon! I've been in a bit of a reading slump this month, and going to London didn't really help getting through my big stack of books. I hope joining the readathon will help, and it also fits in nicely with the April Page Count Contest.

I haven't participated in this readathon before, but I heard it's a lot of fun (: I won't be doing the no-sleep thing, but I'll try to fit in as much reading as I can. I'll try to update this post every few hours.


Here are the books I hope to read:

- Wither by Lauren DeStephano
- Ashfall by Mike Mullin
- Fallen Grace by Mary Hooper
- The Earthquake Machine by Mary Pauline Lowry

Introductory Questionnaire:
(You can find the original post here)

What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
I'm reading from the Netherlands!

Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
Hmmm, I'm very much looking forward to read Ashfall. I heard some people found it too apocalyptic, so I'm curious to see how bad it is.

Which snack are you most looking forward to?
Nachos!

Tell us a little something about yourself!
I'm an almost-literature/cultural sciences student (I'm starting next year) from the Netherlands who absolutely loves to read. I collect books like a crazy person, and all of my shelves are overflowing. Next to reading I love to play computer games, watch movies, listen to music and go out with friends. Oh, and travelling is awesome too; my favourite city is London with Rome as a close second.

If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
Well, this is my first time participating in this particular readathon, but I've participated in a few others before (: I hope to get quite some reading done and maybe meet some other awesome readathoners.

Turn to Page Challenge:
(You can find the original post here)
"I would rather read than own the goddamn city any day!" Taken from Wither by Lauren DeStefano

Wrap Up:
Soooo, turns out I have slept 10 hours of the readathon. Oops. I only finished one book, which is a bit beneath the goal I was going for, but at least I finished something, right? I hope I'll do better in the Bout of Books readathon that's coming up in a few weeks. Dewey's was quite fun though, so I think I'll participate again in October (:

3 comments:

Holly Hewett said...

Good luck! I'm stuck at work, so I won't be able to read as much as I'd like to.

Celine said...

Thanks Holly! Aww, that sucks. I hope you can read a bit later then (:

nea barabea said...

Glad you had fun!! :) And don't worry about the sleeping :P I've slept 8 hours :P 

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!
Make sure to come back as I try to answer all of the comments (: