Friday 6 April 2012

Interview: J. Meyers (Intangible)

Jen is stopping by today to talk a bit about her book, Intangible, and being a writer in general. Make sure to stop by her website too or leave her a comment below (:

The Interview

Nyx Book Reviews: Hi J., welcome to Nyx Book Reviews! Can you tell us a bit about yourself?

Jen: Thanks, Celine! It's really nice to be here. What can I tell you? I love to laugh more than anything else and spend time with my husband and children (who make me laugh all the time). I don't have time to write books because I have four young children and we homeschool, and yet I do it because I'm strangely compelled. I'm obviously insane (but only slightly). ;-) Oh, and I don't sleep nearly enough because I stay up too late writing.

Can you tell us some more about your book, Intangible?

It's the story of twins Sera and Luke, who have special abilities. Sera can heal with a touch of her hand and Luke can see the future with complete accuracy. When Luke has a vision that Sera is killed, they must figure out how to change the future . . . something they've never been able to do.

What makes Intangible stand out from other young-adults?

It has unique twists and turns, and the outstanding relationship of the book is the strong sibling bond between Sera and Luke. (There is a romantic relationship in the book, but it's not the main focus of the story.)

Do you have any rituals to get in the writing mood?

All I need is a hot cup of tea and some quiet. The tea's easy to come by in my house, but the quiet (with four children) not so much. So I do most of my writing at night once the kids are in bed.

What do you like best about being a writer?

I'm really loving being in touch with readers--people I've never met and would never meet otherwise because they live in another state or another country. That's really the coolest part. My world is expanding one person at a time. :-)

Can you still find time to read yourself? If so, what books have you read lately that you recommend?

I do read whenever I'm not writing and so I recently came home from the library with 15 YA and MG books. (I'm a bibliophile at heart.) I really enjoyed So B. It by Sarah Weeks and Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor (but then I've loved everything of hers that I've read). (If you haven't read Taylor's Dreamdark series Blackbringer and Silksinger, you totally should. They're amazing. She builds the most incredible worlds.)

Thank you for answering my questions! (:

Thanks so much, Celine! It's been fun! :-)

Bio

J. Meyers grew up in Vermont and now lives in Central New York. When she’s not reading or writing, she’s chasing her four kids around, exploring the outdoors with them, relishing the few quiet moments she gets with her husband, baking sweet treats, and forgetting to make dinner. Though she cannot actually see the future nor heal with a touch of her hand, she likes to think her children believe she can. Intangible is her first novel.

2 comments:

Carina said...

Thanks a lot for this interview! Great questions, lovely answers. :) Can't wait to read INTANGIBLE which is sitting on my Kindle at the moment. 

Carina
Fictional Distraction

Celine said...

Thank you for leaving a comment! If the book is as catchy as the cover it'll be very enjoyable ^^

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!
Make sure to come back as I try to answer all of the comments (: